Terror attack victim dies after 22 years in coma

World

A woman has died more than two decades after a terror attack left her in a coma.

Hana Nachenberg was 31 and dining at a Jerusalem pizza restaurant with her three-year-old daughter when a Palestinian suicide bomber walked in and blew himself up.

Fifteen others, including eight children, were also killed in the attack, which took place on 9 August 2001.

Some 120 people were injured, although Ms Nachenberg’s daughter was unhurt.

According to a report in French newspaper Le Figaro, dozens of people attended Ms Nachenberg’s funeral on Thursday, a day after she died at a hospital in Tel Aviv.

Her father told the Ynet news site she had “passed away after 22 years of heroism”.

He said she had never regained consciousness after the attack, but had been due to turn 53 next month.

More on Israel

Meanwhile, the family of an Israeli-American girl killed in the attack is trying to get Jordan to send the attacker’s accomplice to the US for trial.

Ahlam Tamimi was convicted by an Israeli court of choosing the target and guiding the bomber to the restaurant.

She was given 16 life sentences but was released as part of a prisoner swap with the Hamas militant group in 2011, being sent to Jordan, where she now lives freely.

The US has charged her with conspiring to use a weapon of mass destruction against Americans, and her name is on the FBI’s list of most wanted terrorists.

Products You May Like

Articles You May Like

8 Best Shaving Creams For Head Shaving In 2024
My Dad the Bounty Hunter: Netflix Cancels Animated Series, No Season Three
FBI: Most Wanted Season 6 Cast and Character Guide
What the polls tell us about what will happen on general election day
Bijou Phillips Confirms New Romance After Danny Masterson Breakup