Boris Johnson has been re-selected to run as the Conservative candidate in Uxbridge and South Ruislip for the next general election.
The former prime minister and current MP will again contest the northwest London seat, which he first won in 2015, in the next election that is due to be held no later than January 2025.
There had been suggestions he would move to a safer constituency such as his former one in Henley, Oxfordshire, where he served from 2001 to 2008 before becoming London mayor.
But his spokesman told Sky News: “Tonight the Uxbridge and South Ruislip selection committee re-adopted Boris Johnson as our parliamentary candidate.
“We look forward to continuing to work alongside him to deliver for the residents and communities within the constituency, where he has strong connections and involvement.
“His commitment to deliver a new Hillingdon Hospital for Uxbridge and South Ruislip residents remains at the forefront of his work as our local MP.”
Labour has made the constituency one of its top targets at the next election, with Danny Beales, a local councillor in Camden, north London, selected to take Mr Johnson on.
At the last general election, Mr Johnson retained the seat with a majority of 7,210 and an increased vote share of 52.6% after dipping in popularity in the 2017 election.
Mr Johnson’s future as an MP is by no means safe, however, as he is facing an inquiry by the Commons Privileges Committee into whether he misled parliament over his partygate denials.
If he is found to have misled parliament he could be suspended from the Commons for 10 days, which could trigger a recall petition.
If 10% of voters in his Uxbridge constituency sign a petition he could lose his job as an MP as a by-election would have to take place – although he could run in it.
The former PM will appear before the Privileges Committee to give evidence next Wednesday just over a fortnight after a preliminary report said he may have misled the Commons multiple times.
Everything you need to know about the partygate investigation into Boris Johnson
Johnson’s pay accounts for 85% of all outside earnings by MPs this year
Mr Johnson repeatedly denied COVID lockdown rules were broken at Number 10 when asked in the Commons, but the report said evidence “strongly suggests that breaches of guidance would have been obvious to Mr Johnson at the time he was at the gatherings”.
He claimed the interim report showed he was being “vindicated” and it is “clear from this report that I have not committed any contempt of parliament”.
The now-backbencher had requested the evidence before he appears in front of the committee to provide his own oral evidence.
He has been invited to provide written evidence ahead of next Wednesday’s session as well, with any response to be published.
The cross-party committee will consider why Mr Johnson told MPs no guidance had been broken “when he knew what the guidance was and was in attendance at gatherings where the guidance was breached”.
It will also look into “why he failed to tell the House about the gatherings at which he had been present”.